Brom's Spirit Journey

Go down

Brom's Spirit Journey

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:59 pm

After recent experiences, Brom decides to commune with the spirits and channel their energy. When he loses control, and a spirit inhabits his body, Brom must escape his dimensional prison through willpower and strength. 

You slam your fist against an invisible barrier separating your consciousness from your body. You can see yourself just beyond the veil, arising from your seance and gathering your belongings for the day. Powerless, you look around the darkness enveloping you. This must be where the spirits you channel reside when inhabiting your body. You channel their power everyday, bending their strength to your own. Somehow they interact, they effect the mortal world through you, as you must now through them. 

You feel your strength within, and your weapon materializes in your hand, you must find a way out.

• Search the void for answers.
  • Fight against the Spirit for control. [Attack 50+ Required, Failure = Death]

Last edited by Admin on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://100yearwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Brom's Spirit Journey

Post by Gewnbaby on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:59 pm

I stand, confused of all I see around me. Nothing. Just an empty void. In the distance I can see myself, but no matter how far I go I seem to make no progress. "I'm losing my mind" I thought to myself, getting more and more angry with each passing second. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?", I scream out into the nothingness. "WHY AM I HERE?".

I run in every direction for what feels like an eternity, still to no avail. Out of breath, I reach down into my shirt and pull out one of my relics I hang around my neck. "Kilog, my friend, is this what I put you through everyday?
This prison?
This hell?"

A few seconds go by, and I realize how selfish I've been. "I've never once thought about what happens to the spirits who graciously lend me their power."
"I wake up everyday and use you for your power", I say, now angry with myself.

I place my hand on the ancient relics around my neck as I begin to focus on my body. "I'm sorry for using your power for my own benefit with nothing in return, but this is MY BODY!!!!!!"

Gewnbaby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:55 pm

With a thunderous cacophony that seems to stretch into the void endlessly, you words slam against the prison. You seem to have garnered the attention of your host. Through its eyes, your eyes, you see yourself stop moving in the street, as if frozen in time. Around you, the citizens of Carneith Hold go about their daily lives, but Brom is statuesque, however; your soul moves violently. 

As you have done many times before, you watch as Brom places his hand upon the relics dangling around his neck. Before, when you had control, you would take hold of the relics and still your soul, keeping the spirit of Kilog. Now, it seems Kilog intends the same. As Kilog takes hold of the relics, the void rips and tears itself apart. You are tossed from your feet, drowning in a current of energy that grips you harder than any river! 

• Fight against the current. [Roll Swim]
  • Attempt to shape the void energy and free yourself.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gewnbaby on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Still furious that my body is not my own, I do the only thing I can think of in my rage. I try to fight the current (Swim=26), but even my strength can't pull me up this onslaught of energy. I just keep going and going until it feels like my arms are going to give out. "I... I have to... I have to ... keep going." I thought to myself just as my body couldn't take it anymore and I'm swept away into the seemingly endless river.

"I've done all I can do", I say as I lay motionless, excepting what awaits at the river's end. "There's only so much a man like myself can do."

"WAIT!" I think to myself, but hear echo throughout the void, as if it knew I found the answer. Ever since I came to Carneith Hold I've wanted to do what I can to help and believed Kilog's strength was the answer to all my problems. I had forgotten the ways of the other spirits I carry with me. The spirits that I had long since abandoned. "Hmm. Perhaps brute force will not help me here. Maybe... something different", I say as I begin to raise my hand to the energy washing over me. I try to stay calm and focused, not letting my anger consume me once again.

After a short time I manage to get back onto me feet, atop ground I didn't know was there. I begin to slowly walk forward as the torrent of energy seems to be split down the middle by my outstretched hand. "I suppose I'll see where this takes me", I say as I continue onward.

Gewnbaby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:36 pm

You begin walking, not knowing if the next step will fall out from beneath your feet. Around you the void begins to take shape again, dark tendrils forming bars of iron. As you proceed further into the cell, the prison forms around you, shaped like the relic of the champion. One side of the prison is torn asunder, warped and twisted with void energy that seems to dissipate around the broken bars. It was here that the spirit was kept, locked away.

As you search the prison for clues,  you remember wisdom from your mentor Osahar. "The spirits are not of this world, they travel between their world and ours. To confine them, prevent their travel between the worlds angers them, as is the case with the ghosts and ethereal undead. Instead be as a conduit, open your body as another world for them to travel to, not a prison that contains them within."

These words mean much more now, as you stand in the prison you created for the spirits that served you. You sink to your knees...

• Find the other spirit prisons.
  • Open yourself as a conduit. 

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum