Yenril's New Life

Go down

Yenril's New Life

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Life seemed much simpler in Whitecliff. Brewing potions, decanting concoctions, and boiling animal fat were the bread and butter of city life, but here it's much different. The Darktips want poisons and volatile brews, none of which come easy. 

The door to your workshop creaks open and 'Black One-Paw' enters. When you first met 'Blackknuckle', his mere presence was enough to make the hair on your skin stand straight, but now the man resembles more of a broken bronco. He sets a woven basket onto the table beside you, and you hear the glass inside clink together. Another basket of vials, another batch of poison. 

"You seem to go through quite a lot of.." One-Paw cuts you off. With a snarl he hands you a dirty piece of paper with a set of instructions scrawled hastily. 

"Can you make this?" As you look over the paper, it seems to be a recipe for an alchemical preparation of some kind. The tattered edge suggests it was ripped from a tome at some point, but you dare not ask why. After agreeing to brew the potion, One-Paw leaves the musty workshop and heads up the stairs. 

• Travel to the market to gather materials.
  • Talk to Felix about Black One-Paw's personal request. 

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://100yearwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yenril's New Life

Post by Arbe219 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Talk to Felix about Black One-Paw's personal request

I read and re-read the ingredients for the unknown concoction. I don't recognize it, but based on what items I do immediately recognize, Black One Paw seems up to no good!

Reaching beside my work desk, i pull a string on the wall. The string rings a bell in the next room, summoning one of my subjects. From the next room, in walks a young street orphan named Pero. Pero is one of several young street rats whom I keep around. In exchange for a silver piece or room and board, the local orphans become my test subjects.

"Pero...i have a new assignment for you.." I state as the newly awoken boy steps towards my desk.

"But Sir...ive already tried three new potions this week. They all tasted nasty and the last one made me hands sweat and head numb.." Pero interjects very hastily.

"Relax Pero" i state calmy "I have a different assignment this time. No potions. Besides..I wouldn't want to add anymore variables to the system right now anyway. I need you to get a message to Felix for me. Tell him to come see me as he is able. It is quite urgent. Report back to me as soon as you accomplish this task. You will be rewarded with a week's stay without having to try any of my new recipes!"

At the prospect of free room and board for a week, Pero runs bare foot up the creaky stairs and out the door to fulfill his duty.

Arbe219

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Felix enters the dusty workshop that you call home and runs his finger along several glass vials that hang from the rafters, unknown liquids bubbling inside. With an inquisitive tone he asks if you are enjoying your new workshop, and why you felt the need to call him here. His gaze lands on several strips of parchment you set out to dry, testing an invisible ink recipe on, before returning to you.

"Your thug.. I mean associate, Black came by earlier. He handed me this recipe, although I have not yet determined it's use. I wanted to clarify our agreement." You stop and clear your throat before continuing. "You asked me to distill potions and concentrate venom for you and your gang er... guild, but personal projects for others might give you the wrong impression, and I wanted to avoid any." You trail off and grip your wrist hesitantly. 

Felix laughs as he sits down. "Yenril, you've got me all wrong. The Darktip Cutlasses help the people of this city. When you were so viciously captured by the Duke's men and given an ultimatum, I was there to provide you with a job, a home, a workshop, a good life. That's not just for you, that's for all the people of Carneith Hold. With that said, I'm glad you brought this to my attention. Black One-Paw has had recent issues with the guild, but those have been sorted out and I'm sure whatever this is is harmless." He hands you the recipe, keeping a grip on the parchment as you start to pull away. "Thank you Yenril, you have been a great asset." 

With a smirk, Felix leaves the workshop and you are left wondering what exactly this recipe could be. It's time to do some research. 

• Research the recipe independantly [Craft Alchemy 20+ Required, Failure = Seek Help)
  • Seek aid in the Mage's College library. 

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://100yearwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum