Jason and the Dark Forest

Go down

Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Jason has been sent into the forests surrounding the city to keep the beasts at bay. Darkness has sapped the strength of the common folk and empowered the beasts lurking in the shadows.


You make your way past a signpost that stands alone on a worn trail. The words are obscured by the darkness as you snuff out your torch and ready your equipment. A cool breeze dances around you and you find yourself tugging on your cloak. On your ride out of the city, a man named Barnabas told you his farm nearby had been overrun by wolves. You hitch your steed to the post and brush it's mane with one hand, before setting out. 


  • Make your way into the forest.
  • Track the man's trail to locate his farm.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 75
Join date : 2017-11-19

View user profile http://100yearwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Captainwaggles on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:40 pm

Jason carefully heads into the forest taking a wide circular path through the area noting all of the changes in the landscape and the animals that he can see that have changed since his last ranging. A deer savagely mauled, not even devoured has him on edge. The faint sound of ghostly howling draws him towards the location of the farm.

Captainwaggles

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:45 pm

You step softly along the forest's edge before seeing the dark silhouettes of a farm in the dark sky. The howling grows louder as you inch closer. A pack of wolves lies in a half circle around the farm house's open door. You count six in total, and draw your bow in anticipation. As you watch in the darkness, another wolf leaps from the barn's loft and howls. You see liquid drip from it's maw as it paces back and forth. 


  • Sneak into the barn to investigate.
  • Attack the wolves.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 75
Join date : 2017-11-19

View user profile http://100yearwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Captainwaggles on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Jason slowly releases the tension from his bow, knowing that to rush into this battle may be unwise. He makes his way into the bar through a few broken planks in the back of the barn. The light within is dim but his half elven eyes make out a strange sight, one of the wolves lying dead inside or appearing so...

Captainwaggles

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:06 am

You examine the wolf's corpse from a distance, noting the bloodied neck wound. The creature seems to have fought the alpha and payed the ultimate price. You shoulder your bow and vault the beam, landing skillfully in the barn's loft. As you edge closer to the loft's window, the farm's yard spreads before you. As you observe the wolves below, a tense breath pierces the silence next to you. Someone.. or something is here...


  • Attack first to gain the upperhand.
  • Investigate the loft.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 75
Join date : 2017-11-19

View user profile http://100yearwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Captainwaggles on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:09 am

Jason aim's his bow carefully on the perceived alpha slowly starting to bring his bow back, when a barely restrained whimper comes from above, he lowers the bow. Jason climbs to the loft peeking in the hatch and sees a small boy and girl in tattered clothes, with haunted expressions staring out of the small window. Jason gives a sigh...this just got a bit more complicated.

Captainwaggles

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:48 pm

You pull one finger to your lips as you look the two over. Barnabas never mentioned kids, the damn coward thought only of himself. You reach for a small pouch and produce two small chunks of dried meat, a good kill from three days ago. With hands outstretched, the two kids take the morsels and tug hard with teeth and hands. 

"Now to deal with the Alpha," you think. "A quick kill may buy me enough time to deal with the pack." Hrm. You steel yourself. "Or the pack first perhaps?"


  • Attack the pack, leaving the Alpha for last.
  • Alpha first; pack second. 

Admin
Admin

Posts : 75
Join date : 2017-11-19

View user profile http://100yearwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Captainwaggles on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Jason decides that the only way to end this quickly and to make sure the loss of life is at a minimum is to defeat the alpha and make the pack stand down. Jason lowers his bow and draws his ranger's blade and drops down into the middle of the pack pointing his blade at the alpha in a challenge. The pack immediately begins to circle hungrily snapping at Jason's cloak, when the Alpha growls menacingly. The two wolves face off, wielding fang and claw and the other steel...

Captainwaggles

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:07 pm

The Alpha charges forward; its maw snapping hungrily with a dark red glow in it's eyes. With unnatural speed it's bite tears into your leg and drops you to the ground. Sharp pain engulfs your body and your mind fills with the image of the wolf in the barn with its throat devoured. Your instincts put your blade between the Alpha's bite and your neck as you struggle to hold back it's strength. Gnarls and howls fill the silences between the biting blocked by your sword. Your arms begin to falter as the beast presses further, coating your blade in blood and saliva. 


  • Kick the beast off and attempt to stand.
  • Pull a dagger and wound the beast.
  • Attempt to impale the beast on it's next attack. [Attack 16+ Required for Success; Failure = Minor Scar]

Admin
Admin

Posts : 75
Join date : 2017-11-19

View user profile http://100yearwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Captainwaggles on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:33 pm

(Attack roll equals 21) Jason decides that he needs to end this quickly. The Alpha is thrown back from its biting and sees its opportunity. The Ranger has left its neck open! The beast lunges in once more and appears to bear Jason to the ground in a terrifying attack. However both parties appear to still after a second of struggle. The wolves in the circle watch in complete silence as the Ranger slowly rises from under the corpse of the Alpha having placed his blade in between them both to impale the Alpha as it lunged inwards sensing the kill.

Captainwaggles

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:25 pm

You stand and raise your blade as the wolves' growls deepen. You ready yourself for an attack as one of the wolves begins to pounce. With a quick slash the wolf falls silent to the ground and the others step further back. You ready your sword again, the bright sheen of blood a visceral reminder to the pack. You heave yourself forward and yell wildly causing the pack to disperse and retreat into the woods beyond the farm. As you recover and lower your weapon, the adrenaline can't hold back the pain from the wounds you sustained. With as much training as you can muster, you tear back your cloak and wrap your leg in tattered cloth. 

It is done.


  • Return to the barn's loft.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 75
Join date : 2017-11-19

View user profile http://100yearwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Captainwaggles on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:35 pm

Limping steadily forward Jason makes his way through the barns bottom floor. The barn is eerily silent except for the creaking of the ladder as Jason slowly makes his way up towards the loft. "Alright its done you can come out now." Jason says as he makes his way into the loft. He stops when he notices the thick layer of dust and cobwebs he didn't quite notice before. He looks down and where the kids were hiding just minutes before,at least to him, a macabre sight was before him.

The small bones of two children huddled together dead at least a couple of months before. A chill sweeps through the room and the dust and cobwebs are disturbed as two faint voices reach through the ether in tandem and say simply, "Thank You"

Captainwaggles

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:40 pm

With a weary nod, you take your tattered cloak from your shoulders and wrap it loosely around the little bones. With as much stability as you can muster, you hobble from the barn to the field nearby. Hours later you stand solemnly over a small grave as the moon disappears, a new dark day has come. 

You return to the city later that day. As you ride through the south gate, you have only a couple of hours to accomplish your tasks before turning in for a night's rest at the inn. Stops at the tanner with the hide of the Alpha, the alchemist with hairs, teeth, and wolf liver, the temple for a priest to mend your leg, and the Watch Captain for your payment. You prod your horse forward eager to return to the forest. 


  • Complete your adventure.
  • Continue your adventure.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 75
Join date : 2017-11-19

View user profile http://100yearwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason and the Dark Forest

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum